Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cowboy Roast

One sunday I was looking for a recipe for a cross rib roast I bought on sale that I could cook while at church, my oven does not have time bake (that is how old it is) so I am limited to cooking for 3 hours or a crock pot. I came across this recipe and it work beautifully...I have made it a few times now because Matt has to have beef on sundays!

4-5 pound Cross Rib Roast, thawed and leave rolled up
Marinate for at least 3-4 hours in:
1/2 c ketscup
1/4 c soy
2T red wine vinegar
2T salad oil
1 tsp grd ginger ( I use 1T fresh grated)
1 clove garlic, minced ( can use 1 tsp powdered)
1 bunch of green onion, chopped
Mix marinade in a ziploc bag and add roast covering well.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Remove roast from marinade and drain off excess in bag and set aside
Place in a roasting pan with a rack and Roast for 1 hour then turn off oven, DO NOT open the door and leave for 3 hours(thus perfect for sundays) then baste the roast with marinade and cook for 20 minutes at 325 or till beef rare temp. Remove and slice up to serve
While roasting, heat up extra marinade in a pan and then add the drippings from the roast to make a great gravy ( thin but sassy) to pour over the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment