Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Oat Bran Bread

I got this recipe from Michelle Larsen and we love it!  It makes 4 loaves so being the RS president, this is the bread I make to take to people and everyone asks for the recipe but I haven't ever shared till now.  I always make it different everytime that is probably why, I grind regular oatmeal instead of quick oats and I add flax sometimes instead of oat bran.  I use honey instead of sugar and I always use 1/2 WW flour and then bread four. Here is the original recipe:

Bake 350 preheat oven
2 pkg yeast dissolved in 1/2 c warm water
Mix in mixer: 3/4 c oil
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c molasses
2 teas salt
1/4 c wheat germ
1/4 c oat bran
4 c warm water
Mix well and Add yeast,
2 c quick oats
3 c flour, WW and 2 c white flour ( total around 10 cups)
Beat till smooth and then add 5 more cups of flour, white
to make a soft smooth dough
let rise for 1 hour, shape into 4 loaves and let double ( 30 minutes ) then bake 30-35 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment