Sunday, August 30, 2009

Peach Cobbler


-->
This is a Horton favorite, very easy, I make it all in the blender
The cake is great by itself to use as strawberry short cake.
I always double the cake portion and cook in a 8X13 pan because the kids love it with milk on it...

Place in the bottom of 8X8 pan

2 cups of fresh or frozen sliced peaches
1/8t cinammon and 1/3 c sugar, pour over fruit and mix, then let sit in pan
(if I use canned, I just add with the juice and sprinkle with cinammon)

Mix in a blender:
1/2 c milk
1/4c shortening, I use butter
2/3 c sugar
1 egg
1/2 t vanilla
blend on high till well blended then add the dry ingredients and stir till blended
Dry ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 teas baking powder
1/2 t salt

Pour over fruit and Bake at 350 for 35 minutes... takes at least 45 minutes if doubled...
I adapted this recipe for my dutch oven. so this original recipe was meant for an 8x8 pan. so, if you use a dutch oven, just substitute that for the 8x8 pan.use parchment on bottom of dutch oven or grease well.



No comments:

Post a Comment